First of all you have to locate your hosts file (and if needed update the following command).
- Open the Windows start menu and enter the following command:
- Right click on the result and choose "Open as administrator"
- Notepad will open a file with some descriptions in which you will append the following entries to the end of the file:
- Replace "184.108.40.206" with the IP address that is mentioned in the package activation mail. Replace "domain.com" and "www.domain.com" with the domain you want to test.
Save the file with "CTRL + S".
Now you can open your browser and preview your website on our server.
To preview your website on our server, you can apply the following chagnes to your Mac:
- Open the terminal using Spotlight or under Applications - Utilities - Terminal
- To open the hosts enter the following command:
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- If promted enter your username and password
- Append the IP and your domain according to the sample provided in the file. The IP of the server can be found in the activation e-mail.
- To save the file, press CTRL+O, then ENTER for the file name and CTRL+X to exit
Now you can open your website, hosted on our server.
Feel free to get in touch with our customer support if you have any further questions: email@example.com.